Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

If you need me....Try the cookbook section

It's true that I read a lot. A LOT. Since I got my Kindle I think I read even more. But the one kind of book that I won't turn to the Kindle for is a cookbook. I suppose that one day there will be a good electronic device to replace a cookbook, but so far, nothing beats the real thing. But the thing about cookbooks is that they're sort of addictive, at least for me. One is not enough. Ten is not enough. Heavens, I'm not sure how many I have, but it's certainly not enough!

Even though I love to buy, peruse, and collect cookbooks, I don't really use all of them for cooking. I suppose that I might turn to a particular one at a particular time...a seafood book for a seafood dinner, etc. Generally, though, I have 5 or 6 cookbooks that are my go-to books. They're by authors I trust and include flavors and ingredients that I generally like.

The cookbooks that I use on a regular basis share a few traits that makes them ideal for my cooking life. They all include healthy recipes using primarily fresh ingredients. The recipes are generally ones that are straightforward, use simple cooking methods and are not day-long projects. I like recipes that are easy to get on the dinner table in a short amount of time.

On any given given day you'll likely find one of these great cookbooks open on my kitchen counter while I'm sauteeing away at the stove - So check them out at your local library, bookstore or online...


Ellie Krieger, The Food You Crave




Ellie Krieger, So Easy



Baton Rouge, LA Junior League, River Road Recipes



Pam Anderson, The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight & Eating Great




Rachel Ray, The Big Orange Book



No comments: