Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Feeling Crabby?


I've said it before and I'll say it again - I've never met a crustacean that I didn't love. Lobster, shrimp, crab, clams, oysters...you name it, and I'll eat it! Crab, however, is probably my favorite of all the crustaceans.

Growing up, I remember spending weekends at my Aunt and Uncle's house in Maryland and having Crab Feasts! We'd sit around in the sun all day eating bushels of crabs - going between the tables of food and the swimming pool in my childhood version of heaven!

So, crab is a delight that I adore. I don't cook with crab particularly often at home, mainly because it can be pricey, but when I find lump crabmeat on sale, I jump at the chance to spend some quality time in the kitchen with my favorite crustacean.

So, the next time you find crab on sale - try out the crab cake below...put it on a bun as a sandwich, or on a salad like I did, or as an entree with a some yummy side dishes!



Crab Cakes
My own recipe -

1 pound of crab
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp Old Bay (or other seafood or cajun seasoning)
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
2 scallions, diced
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup breadcrumbs ( divided into 1/2 cup increments )
cooking spray

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with cooking spray. Mix all ingredients other than 1/2 cup of the breadcrumbs gently in a bowl. Form into 8 balls. Flatten each ball into a patty and press each side of the patty into the remaining 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs. Spray each side with cooking spray. Bake for about 12 minutes, turn over and bake another 5-10 minutes or until the crab cakes are golden brown.

Serving = 2 crab cakes

1 comment:

erectile dysfunction drugs said...

Thanks for sharing this helpful information with us.Thank you for your guidance and support.