Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

30 Days of [Blank] - Day 4 - The Rum Edition


I don't drink rum. I keep rum in the house for guests, but it's not something I generally drink. There was a night in college that involved rum that I'd rather erase from my memory, but I can't, so I just don't drink rum. However, if you rule out rum in your quest for 30 days of Beverages you rule out a lot of things that sound so good in the summer heat.

So here goes....30 Days of Beverages - Day 4 - The Rum Edition!!!

I dug the Bacardi out of the liquor cabinet....grabbed some lemons and sugar and off I went. The drink itself was easy to make and used ingredients any of us would have on hand, so you can make it anytime. Although this was a decent drink, and if you like rum, you'd probably really like it - it wasn't for me. I would offer to make it for someone though, so it's not off my list completely - it's just not MY drink! =)


Bacardi Handshaken Daiquiri
www.bacardi.com

1 part Bacardi Superior
1 part Lime or Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 teaspoon sugar

Mix all ingredients in a shaker with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass or serve on the rocks.




I think tomorrow we'll lay off the booze for a day. I don't know if my liver can take 30 days of this!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terri - I'm just now reading what you decided to do for your 30 days! Love it! Wish I lived next door to you so I could sample them with you! Sherri

AGirlintheSouth said...

Sherri - Maybe you and Zoe can come by next week one evening for dinner and you can be a taste-tester for one night!

staci said...

you photo diva !!! I don't like rum that much either, i knew we had alot in common.