Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

30 Days of Beverages - Day 8 - Back to Where I Came From...

I talked about it once before, but many of you may not know that I was born in Kentucky, home to the world's greatest horse race as well as a whole lot of gold. I didn't really live there long. I was born at Fort Knox and I wasn't very far into the world before we left that state and moved along in life. But, a Kentuckian I was born. Is that a word?

Today's cocktail is an ode to my state of birth - no, not nudity, although if you drink enough of any of these you just might end up that way- Kentucky.


Kentucky is known for things I mentioned before, the derby and gold, but it is also known for Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. Yum! I fell in love with it many moons ago and over the years have honed my loyalty to one brand - Knob Creek. Good stuff, I tell you, good stuff.


So, I went onto Knob Creek's website thinking they'd have the best drink recipes made with their own brand and stumbled across a recipe for a Side Car. Sounded interesting enough for me!

This is a bold drink for those who love Straight Bourbon Whiskey...those who don't, need not apply. A great cocktail to end the day with - shake the cobwebs outta your head and forget about work, or anything else that ails ya'! Cheers!


Side Car
www.knobcreek.com

1 part Knob Creek Bourbon
1/2 part lemon juice
1/2 part triple sec

You know what to do with it!

_____________________________________________________________

A taste of what's to come - My friend Sherri gave me a jar of something today.....

Yep, it looks like a little jar of moonshine, but it's not. It's a tasty treat that I'm going to be using in an upcoming drink this week - a tribute to Sherri's trip to Napa and to the good ole bubbly....stay tuned!

1 comment:

Kim said...

love the stuff - will try soon! FYI, friends saw the tequila drink on my blog and insisted it be made at dinner Friday! They loved it!