Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Yes, I'm Alive!!!

I know, I know, I know...it's been a while. Ever since that night of All Star selections our lives have been nonstop softball. The weeone had 2 hour practices every night right up until this past weekend when we headed for the tournament! I was exhausted, and I didn't even swing a bat or throw a ball!!! The experience of a softball tournament was a new thing for me. It's an amazing phenomenon and those of you who do the whole tournament ball thing year round are to be commended for your stamina alone! The girls played at 8pm Friday, noon on Saturday, 5:30pm Saturday, 8am Sunday and 9:20am Sunday....whew! It was hot and fun and crazy and fun and exciting and fun and sad when they lost for the second time and the ride was over. So the tournament is over. The girls came in 4th place which was an amazing finish for them and they had so much fun. It was kid heaven - friends, softball, hotel rooms, swimming pools, staying up late, pizza and lots of fun. Mission softball accomplished.

Here's my favorite little catcher....bless her hot little heart in all that gear!!!
(Her dad got some great photos that I'll share with you when I get them...I only took a couple as I was busy herding girls in the dugout!!!)
Here's most of the team being praised by their coach after their very last game on Sunday. That's the weeone in the back on the left with her ball bag on her back.



Now that the softball chapter is closed for a while I sort of feel like God is saying "You may now return to your regularly scheduled life!" and I'm totally jazzed about it! It's summertime and I want to play!

For our first night of freedom I thought a dinner that involved the grill would be incredibly appropriate. I mean, what screams summer better and louder than a hot sizzling grill?!?!

So I took a sirloin steak and marinaded it in my favorite marinade - some Worcestershire sauce, honey and cajun seasonings. I wish I could tell you how much of each I use, but I truly have no idea....just some. =) Then I just tossed it on a hot grill until it was beautifully medium rare. yum. I also sliced some polenta and grill those slices as well. I topped a couple of those with mozzarella for the weeone. Then when it all came off the grill the polenta was dressed up with some Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes with Basil and Garlic. yum. It tasted just like summer.



I love polenta. I really do. It should be a food group all by itself. =)

No comments: