Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pasta Swimming with Yumminess!


Tonight will be night numero uno of the weeone and I getting to "dine" at the pool. There will be no cloth napkins and beautiful silver. In our universe it's more like plastic forks and paper towels! I wanted to make something light, but also something that would stick with us and be filling. I found a pasta salad that I thought fit the bill beautifully. I didn't follow an exact recipe, so I'm going to give you the rundown of what's in it and what it looks like, but other than that - you're on your own!



Pasta Salad with Black Beans and Tomatoes

Multicolored Rotini Pasta
diced grape tomatoes
1 can sliced black olives
1 can drained and rinsed black beans
chopped cilantro
salt and pepper
balsamic vinaigrette dressing

mix, chill, serve.

That might just be the easiest meal ever!!! I probably would have added some chopped cucumbers if mine hadn't been mushy and destined for the trash.

The Gladware is filled and tucked in the refrigerator chilling out until I get home and head to the pool to meet my mom and the weeone! Yippee!!! I love summer.

1 comment:

cmeandthree said...

I'm salivating as I look at this picture - looks yummy!