Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Diet Shmiet

I haven't talked about my weight battles lately so I figure it's time for an update. I'm still working with Sarah, my dietician and we've been slowly putting new habits in place of old ones. For example, the water drinking that I never did before, the tracking of my food and WHY I'm eating when I do eat, etc. There haven't been any major changes that she has made to my diet at this point, but the increase in water has helped significantly.

Starting a few weeks ago I cut dairy products as I talked about in this post. It has been one of the biggest challenges I've ever taken on. It's hard to cut out cheese, but ALL dairy is killing me slowly, I swear. Watch the news headlines...soon we'll see reports of a crazy woman in Houston attacking people in attempt to steal their cheese!!! =)

So, what's all this amounted to? In total I've probably lost 15 pounds since the beginning of the year. Now, that might not seem impressive if you watch The Biggest Loser like I do and LOVE, but for not "dieting" and just slowly changing my eating habits - I'm thrilled with the results. And all of this is with me not adding any real exercise yet. I think when my foot is ready for exercise I'll see the pace pick up a bit more, which is fine. I've been overweight for about 10 years now, so if it takes me a couple more to peel it off, so be it.

1 comment:

WeatherGirl said...

wow Terri, that's great 15 lbs. I think i should get on that no dairy diet. Keep up the hard work.
P.S I can see you've lost weight, it is noticable.xx