Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sometimes friends come first...

I had plans to cook dinner Saturday night. The chicken was defrosting in the fridge. It was all set. The weeone was excited to help cook. But sometimes, friends come first.

My dear friend Staci had been in Chicago for 4 or 5 days with her husband and 3 kids. I called her around 4 yesterday afternoon to check and see if they'd gotten back into town yet. She was at wits end. They had arrived at the airport, picked up their bags, gotten the car, loaded the bags....and the car wouldn't start! So when I called she'd just gotten off the phone with a tow truck and wasn't sure how they were going to get home. Needless to say, my plan was derailed as I headed to the airport to lend a hand, and a ride! We ended up all eating dinner together as it was almost 6 by the time we got back to her place. Alls well that ends well. Last night's dinner will now be tonight's!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your friend Staci is lucky to have you! Dinner can always wait, right?

AGirlintheSouth said...

Well, it's not like we didn't eat dinner - we just didn't "dine at home" as the original plan was! We ended up having pizza and wine - not exactly a piece of my plan, but I think I did okay still by not overindulging! You've gotta live, right?