Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008! It's been fun!

Today is the last day of the year. The markets are packed with people. The liquor stores are brimming with folks trying to figure out what champagne to buy for their big night out. The television is full of "best of" lists and countdowns. It's a big night!

I'm not a big New Year's Eve going out fan. I like to hang close to home and lay low! And that's the plan tonight. I'm going to pop into a friend's party and say hi to the gang and then be home before 2009 makes it's grand entrance.

The past week has been crazy busy and fun. The holiday hooplah began with my annual party on the 23rd. It was a packed and spirited house. Santa came to greet the kids - Thanks Michael! There was a great spread of food, wine, beer and great holiday moods! Here's a shot of Santa and group of the girls....


With party successful and behind me, the next focus was Christmas Eve. We didn't do a whole lot during the day. Sabrina and I hung out, played, etc. We went to 5 o'clock services at our church, Grace Bible Church, in the Heights. We were joined by friends and family. It was a great service in which the kids got to participate and the message, although decidedly Christmas, was a great one!

After church, Sabrina and I headed to the Coleman's house for our annual tamale, taco salad, chili meal! It was as fun as ever. One set of the Coleman's grandkids were there and Sabrina and the youngest, Thomas, are great pals. They, along with Zachery, had fun tracking Santa on GM's computer and playing outside.



Christmas Day was GREAT this year! Santa was good to everyone! We were joined early in the morning by my parents and Sabrina and I spent the ENTIRE day in our pajamas. It was fantastic. We opened gifts, had a great breakfast of egg and sausage catalog, homemade cinnamon buns and mimosas! We lounged around playing with toys, loading batteries and lightbulbs (the Easy Bake Oven) and just having a fun time. I made a pot of tortilla soup for the afternoon since we were delaying Christmas Dinner for one night. That evening we drove around looking at lights!




The day after Christmas, mom and I headed out early to do our annual "day after" shopping. We hit Target, the Hallmark store, Steinmart and Pier One and managed to load up on wrapping paper, gift tags, ornaments and few non-holiday extras! It did not disappoint!

That afternoon, my brother, Doug, his wife, Colleen, and my nephews, Collin and Andrew came to town. The next several days were filled with flying screaming monkeys, lots of Wii playing, great meals, great laughs, and tons of fun! Here's a shot of the grandkids...


So, that's the wrapup of my 2008....

I'll see you in 2009! It's gonna be MY year!

No comments: