Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly...falalalalalalalala....

Well....the countdown calendar tells me that there are only 5 more days until Christmas!!! It's an exciting time of year for anyone, but especially when you have a weeone around!

Last night we went caroling with friends. The weeone had never been caroling before, was extremely excited and was plum tuckered when we were done! It was a blast. It was a mix of people we knew and people we didn't know, which is always kind of nice. I was surprised at the number of people who wouldn't open the door for us - even if we had started singing!!! I guess in this day and age people have every right to be a bit afraid. On the other hand, we had cars stop and request songs and house parties full of people come outside and we even got to sing for a one horse open sleigh full of people! It was a blast!

The weeone is now done with school and I'm done with work, so we're in full on vacation mode. It's amazing how busy the coming days will still be. Today is my Dad's 63rd birthday- Happy Birthday Daddy! We'll start the day in just a little while by having Breakfast with Santa at the Houston Zoo. I found out about this activity a couple of years ago and now it's our favorite way to see Santa! This afternoon will be spent visiting with family who are in town receiving treatment at MD Anderson. And dinner will be my Dad's choice!

Monday and Tuesday will be party prep days - although the weeone and I were invited to a Gingerbread decorating party on Monday afternoon that we're going to try to squeeze in! That should be fun.

On the food front - I walked away from a Cranberry Bliss Bar at Starbucks yesterday. That's a MAJOR accomplishment for me. The water is really helping my appetite so far. I think I'm even beginning to lose my Diet Dr. Pepper cravings! Amazing...

No comments: